No Gap or Low Gap Funding Options
Specialised therapy services for achieving your health and wellbeing goals
At Gateway Therapies we offer a range of intervention services based on best practice principles, delivered by fully qualified and experienced allied health professionals. See below for more information.
At Gateway Therapies we routinely utilise assessments to:
- determine an individual's specific abilities and challenges in different skill areas;
- as a guide to formulate therapy goals;
- to obtain baseline data to more effectively gauge progress;
- to assist with diagnosis of disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorder; and,
- to support applications for funding e.g. NDIS.
Some of the assessments we may use include:
- Parents Evaluation of Developmental Status (PEDS)
- Ages & Stages Questionnaires (ASQ-3)
- Beery Visual Motor Integration (VMI) and Motor Coordination/ Visual Perception tests.
- Gilliam Autism Rating Scale (GARS) - 3
- Modified Barthel Index (MBI)
- Care and Need Scale (CANS)
- Gross Motor Functional Classification Scale (CMFCS)
- Communication Function Classification System (CMFCS)
- Manual Ability Classification Scale (MACS)
- Disease Steps
- Expanded Disability Status (EDSS)
- Modified Rankin Scale (MRS)
- Motivation Assessment Scale (MAS)
- World Health Organisation Disability Assessment Schedule (WHODAS 2.0)
- Checklist Pain Behaviour (CPG)
If you require a specific assessment we have not mentioned here, please feel free to call us to discuss your assessment needs.
We can connect you with therapists who are
approved providers for:
- Your Life Your Choice
- Mental Health Plan
- Chronic Disease Management/ Enhanced Primary Care Plan
- Early Intervention
Methods of Service Delivery
You come to us at our Murarrie office. Our space is suitable for initial consults, assessments and desk-based therapies.
We travel to you at you home, school, workplace or other centre. Mobile therapy services allow for better transfer of learned skills into real world settings, allows for collaboration with parents and other caregivers, and is often a more enjoyable experience for children as they are in their own environment. Our therapists come prepared with everything they need to ensure that service provision is of the highest quality and is effective.
Telehealth is an innovative method of reaching our clients who are in rural or remote areas, or who cannot leave their homes, or would prefer that a therapist not visit them at home. Telehealth involves using a purpose-designed, secure video call over the internet. Telehealth can be just as effective as face-to-face appointments for some types of therapy, for initial consults, and parent training. Documents and other materials can be shared on the screen, and you will be able to see your therapist's face and talk to them
as if they are right there in person!
We are NDIS ready! Our therapy team are proficient in provision of both face-to-face and telehealth modes of service delivery. This means that we can work with you wherever you are in Australia.
(Capacity Building Interventions):
- Individual assessment, therapy and/or training (includes assistive technology - Assessment, therapy, training, fitting and support.
- Multidisciplinary team - Multidisciplinary model of support delivered to participants over 6 years to improve community outcomes for participant.
- Specialised behavioural intervention support - Highly specialised intensive support interventions to address significantly harmful or persistent behaviours of concern. Development of behaviour support plans that temporarily use restrictive practices, with intention to minimise use of the these practices.
- Behaviour management plan, training in behaviour management strategies - Training for carers and others in behaviour management stategies required due to the person's disability.
- Specialised individual therapy for early childhood - individual specialist interventions to assist a child with a disability or developmental delay and their family in home, care, community and education settings.
- Individual counselling - Facilitating self-knowledge, emotional acceptance and growth and the optimal development of personal resources on a one-to-one basis. Assist particpants to work towards their personal goals and gain greater insight into their lives.
Areas of Practice
Our Occupational Therapists can work with people of all ages to help them achieve independence with those activities of daily living that are most important to them. We can help with dressing, toileting, feeding, handwriting, and more. We can also help with equipment prescription, such as wheelie walkers and grab rails. Our therapists are approved providers for DVA, Medicare, and other funding schemes.
Our therapists are approved providers for the NDIS and Helping Children with Autism Funding packages. Led by Dr Nicole Grant, Occupational Therapist, our team of therapists can assist children with ASD to thrive. Our therapists can assist with sensory processing difficulties, self care, emotional regulation and more.
ERGONOMICS AND WORKPLACE REHABILITATION
Our team of therapists can assist with workstation assessments, worksite assessments, developing return to work programs, and conducting function capacity evaluations. We will work with anyone from home based businesses, to large companies.
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY
Our therapists can assist with language and articulation difficulties, feeding challenges, low oromotor tone and more. Did you know that speech therapists can also assist with social and communication skills?
TEACHER OF THE DEAF
Children and adults with hearing difficulties can access a therapist specialised in helping with communication in the preschool or classroom. See more information here.
COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOLOGY
Our team is experienced with assisting families to adjust to a new diagnosis, establish an effective support network, including identifying funding sources for ongoing support, setting up routines, helping with challenging behaviours, and providing strategies to manage anxiety and depression. For relationship and workplace counselling, and other adult psychology services, we recommend Michelle Hancock at Merge Psychology.