The National Disability Insurance Scheme or NDIS is a federal government initiative that provides funding for adults and children with disabilities to access services and supports needed to achieve their life goals. It's a wonderful opportunity for people with disabilities to have the support they need to participate in education, vocational, leisure, community activities and more.
In Brisbane, the NDIS rolls out in July 2018. If you are eligible and hoping to obtain funding, you need to apply NOW.
You may be eligible for funding if you:
- Have a disability
- Are aged between 0 and 65
- Are an Australian resident
Your eligibility for funding is determined by a representative of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). Your application will be reviewed by either a Planner or Local Area Coordinator. The person assessing your application will ask you to state the applicant's goals. A goal may be to obtain a job in hospitality, make new friends who share similar interests, or learn how to independently access public transport.
Ready to apply? Here's what you need to do:
- Call the NDIS on 1800 800 110 and request an ACCESS REQUEST FORM.
- Decide what your primary and secondary goals will be.
- Decide what services you may like to access so you are clear on what to ask for in your plan.
- Get together all your supporting documents. Gateway Therapies can provide you with a report outlining all your support needs and an overview of the applicant's needs to justify your funding request. We can also help you better understand the types of services you can access under the NDIS. Call us on 3398 9367 or use our booking form to request an NDIS planning Assessment.
- Once you've received your plan, it's time to choose a provider who can help you achieve your goals. Gateway Therapies is an approved provider of many NDIS approved services, however you can also find other service providers HERE.
For more information, you can download the NDIS Pathway fact sheet HERE